Dream and its interpretation
It is thought that by reading and interpreting your dreams you can discover things about yourself, such as what your brain is trying to tell you, or what you really want in life.
It can also be used to tell you what you’re afraid of and what you truly desire. The meaning of your dreams is really what you interpret it to be, but there are a lot of books and dream meaning guides that claim to know the meaning of certain elements of the dream.
The most common way of understanding the meaning of dreams is by buying a dream dictionary, many of which are for sale around the internet. These consist of thousands of entries for things such as objects; wasp, bat, car, or other themes, such as it being set in the past, or maybe meeting up with a lost relative, and a lot more.
Common dream symbol meanings
The idea is that by certain combinations of elements in a dream we can learn things about the individuals mind and the way they think deep down; therefore the meaning of the dream. Here are the most common 100 dream symbols, and their meanings!
- Water related dreams can mean you feel overwhelmed or unsupported by your loved ones
- Vehicles tend to mean you’re worried about the direction your life is taking and where you’re going
- Being trapped means you might need a change or a fresh approach to your life. Look for another job or think about going on a small holiday.
- Teeth falling out is all about your power and usually means you’re feeling subconsciously repressed or controlled. It can mean you really WANT to leave a job, but you’re feeling trapped or like you can’t for some reason.
- Babies most times just mean that you want to continue your life and family, and want to share your knowledge with your next of kin. They might also mean you’re holding something back.
- Animals can usually be linked to survival or the instinct to keep going no matter how difficult things are. It can mean you’re holding things back that you should express
- Getting chased almost always means you’re just feeling in danger or under pressure. You might need to look at what’s stressing you out most in life.
- Death means you’re wanting a new beginning, if it’s the death of a loved one.
- Crosses are naturally linked to religion, and Christianity. They can mean other things in different parts of the world, though.
- Exams at school are such a common dream that it’s surprising people don’t know what they mean. It’s a reflection of how much you’re stressing out about passing or failing the exam. They can also mean you’re worried about your own personality.
- Clothing in a dream means something different depending on WHAT the clothing is. If you’re wearing dirty looking clothes it can mean you’re in need of a lifestyle change.
- Food items is all about knowledge and feeding your brain. It could also be just about the food items themselves, depending on how important food is to you as a person.
- Demons and monsters tend to mean you’re looking to change aspects of yourself. If you keep seeing YOURSELF as a demon, you need to think about what you don’t like about yourself, and change it!
- Buildings and houses symbolizes your brain and how you think. Each individual room means a different part of you, your memories, and your emotions.
- Killing people doesn’t always mean you want to kill the person you see yourself killing. It more commonly means you want to kill that part of YOURSELF that the dream character REPRESENTS.
- Money in a dream is all about your self worth and how much you think you’re worth as a person
- Sex tends to mean you have a DESIRE for more sex or better sex with your current partner. It can also mean you’re growing as a person and feeling more in tune with nature and your true self.
- Feeling trapped
- Falling is a dream symbol that means you’re thinking about letting go of something you’ve been holding onto for a while now. It could also mean that no matter how hard you’ve tried at something, you keep failing at it and you need to let it go.
- Being naked in public is a very common dream and shows your fear of being embarrassed or ridiculed. It can also mean you’re not showing the world the REAL you because you’re scared.
- Death in a dream means you’re scared of change. It can also mean you’re feeling vulnerable.
- Meeting someone famous usually means you’re excited about them and like them as a person. This is often day residue as we see celebs on the TV during the day and therefore will dream about them often.
- Being cheated on shows a lack of trust or security in your relationship and can mean you’re not confident in yourself.
- Being late or lost symbolises your lack of faith in your timekeeping abilities and also a lack of faith in your own ability to get things done.
- Car crash dreams are common and usually mean you’re in a conflict with someone close to you and it needs resolving.
- Being pregnant (for girls) can either mean you ARE pregnant, or you’re growing as a person and want to develop further. Dream symbols like this are often very simple.
- Finding an empty room in a dream can mean you’re searching for something that you just can’t seem to find. It could be a new area of your life you want to explore, or a new type of relationship, but you’re searching for something.
- Your innermost desire this is a very personal dream symbol and is different for everyone, but it’s one of the most commonly dreamed about symbols!
- Walking or running in place is about your pack of power and strength. Running in place means you’re trying as hard as you can to move forward in life but something or someone is holding you back!
- Lots of water can mean you’re over your head or in lots of...